Care Coordinator/Emergency Services
- Company: Professional Counseling Associates
- Updated: 8/14/2013
- Location: North Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Clerical/Administrative, Medical/Dental, Nonprofits, Social Services
This non-exempt position works under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Outpatient and Emergency Services and the Chief Clinical Officer. This position combines several skill sets for organizing, data entry, maintaining files and tracking clients in crisis situations. This position maintains data entry for court tracking, hospitalizations, and referrals for alternative services. This position assesses the strengths and needs of clients and their families; plans, provides access and coordinates holistic continuing care and services for clients and their families for prevention and diversion of hospitalization. This position serves as an important liaison between clients in need of emergency services and aftercare. This position also performs the processing duties of emergency services, including contacts and billing. This position is expected to maintain positive provider relations with community organizations and hospitals, and provide internal and external customer service consistent with PCA’s goal of excellence and professionalism.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be qualified mental health paraprofessional as defined by State Standards. Past experience in mental health and utilization of community resources is preferred.
• Must have one of the following credentials:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a related human services field (or equivalent).
• Complete 40 hours of training for certification as a mental health paraprofessional.
• Criminal background check, safe driving record and drug screening are required.
• CPR and First Aid Training.
No phone calls please.