Evening/Weekend Library Supervisor
- Company: Philander Smith College
- Updated: 10/2/2013
- Location: Philander Smith College
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: negotiable
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Category: Education
EVENING/WEEKEND LIBRARY SUPERVISOR
Philander Smith College invites applications for the position of Evening/Weekend Library Supervisor for the D. W. Reynolds Library and Technology Center.
Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Evening/Weekend Library Supervisor provides circulation and reference assistance to library patrons during night and weekend hours of operation. Work schedule is Sunday through Thursday, from 1:30pm to 10pm. Hours will be altered during summer months and College breaks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
• Assist library users in finding information and materials using the online catalog, indexes, databases, and World Wide Web,
• Supervise student workers and the Circulation desk during assigned shift.
• Assist library users in operating personal computers and software
• Enforce the library’s food and drink policy
• Provide assistance at the Reference desk
• Provide assistance to patrons in using library technology tools and related hardware, such as printers, copiers, microform machines, scanner and DVD player.
• As with the processing of Reserves, as needed.
• Manage and supervise facility during evenings and weekends.
• Other clerical and circulation duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree
• At least Five years of experience working in an academic library
• Experience with online information systems
• Competent and comfortable in the use of personal computers
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Library experience
• Having worked with college-aged people
• Having had sole supervisory responsibilities in a work setting
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, copies of transcripts and three letters of professional recommendations to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject line should include the full name of the position for which you are applying and attached documents should be in Word format. You may also mail your information to:
Philander Smith College
Attn: Office of Human Resources
900 Daisy Bates Drive
Little Rock, AR 72202
Philander Smith College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status or religion. Philander Smith College is a smoke –free and drug-free work environment. Philander Smith College participates in E-Verify.