Part-Time News Photographer
- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 8/15/2013
- Location: Fort Smith, AR
- Status: Part-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Telecommunications
Purpose/reason for this Position:
5News is looking for curious, hard-working photographer to work out of our Fort Smith newsroom. We’re looking for someone who can prove they are not afraid to hustle and be aggressive when it comes to daily and breaking news coverage. Experience and working knowledge of digital video photography and non-linear editing is a big plus. Photographers shoot and edit video under extreme deadline pressure.
Core Job Functions:
• Insures sound and picture quality of all stories shot.
• Works alone or with a reporter or field producer to shoot and edit the stories for broadcast.
• Operates ENG microwave van, and SNG satellite trucks.
• Must understand or be able to learn non-linear digital editing and programs.
• The ability to read maps, and navigate quickly.
• Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
• Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned vehicle.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Ability to shoot video in all kinds of settings and edit under deadline. Ability to operate ENG Microwave van, drive vehicle, operate VTRs and set up tripods, etc. Knowledge of how cameras work to perform minor repairs and maintenance in field, if necessary. Responsible for car maintenance (oil changes, cleanliness, etc.) Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
A minimum of two years WORK experience.
Dexterity to operate camera, VTR, etc. Vision to shoot and edit video. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of: camera, VTRs, tapes, tripods, batteries, etc. Ability to get into nooks, crannies and high places to shoot video. Works in all kinds of weather conditions.
INTERNAL CONTACTS: EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
News and Production Personnel General Public
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume and references to Chad Sharpe, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902, (479-783-3131) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer