- Company: Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Updated: 1/22/2014
- Location: Conway
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 39,199 - 64,915
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Government, Medical/Dental
The Psychological Examiner is responsible for administering and interpreting psychological tests, evaluating results, developing treatment plans, and evaluating client progress.
- Interviews clients to obtain background information, including family history, education, and mental, physical, and emotional health, and prepares report indicating medical problems, educational levels, special needs, residential plans, and further assessment needs.
- Administers and scores psychological tests, interprets and evaluates test results, and determines an individualized behavioral management/treatment program.
- Provides psychological counseling, cognitive behavior and psychosocial skills instruction, and behavior modification/management recommendations.
- Monitors behavior management and treatment programs, documents progress or regression, modifies programs, as necessary, and prepares and maintains progress reports on each client.
- Attends staff/professional meetings and workshops to discuss progress/problems of clients and make recommendations regarding behavior management.
- May conduct in-service training for direct care staff on implementation of behavior management procedures or may train family members on treatment methods to be continued at home.
- May supervise professional staff by interviewing, recommending for hire, assigning and reviewing work, training, and evaluating performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licensed as a Psychological Examiner by the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Psychology as established by ACA §17-97-303.
Closing Date: January 19, 2014
Two positions available: 22109869 and 22102858
APPLY FOR BOTH AT WWW.ARSTATEJOBS.COM