Family Service Worker Supervisor
- Company: Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Updated: 8/23/2013
- Location: Lewisville
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 37,332 - 62,616
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Government, Management, Medical/Dental
The Family Service Worker Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and providing protective foster care and supportive services for abused or neglected children.
- Supervises a subordinate support staff by communicating prioritization of activities and project deadlines, reviewing and monitoring the work performed, interpreting policies, procedures, or precedents and providing supervisory or management staff with project updates on a regular and recurring basis to ensure adherence to project goals and timeframes.
- Reviews and monitors case records and reports to ensure quality service delivery and compliance with state and federal laws and agency policy.
- Reviews and discusses information obtained by workers investigating suspected child abuse and neglect complaints to determine if allegations can be substantiated.
- Coordinates services with other agencies when assisting multi-problem clients.
- Presents informational programs on agency activities and services to local civic organizations and schools.
- Provides direct casework services for protective, foster care and supportive services cases and conducts home studies and investigations of suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Recruits, trains and provides support to foster parents.
- Prepares court reports for custody hearings and presents testimony when necessary.
- Attends or conducts staff meetings to develop and monitor case plans.
- Develops budgets requests for program activities and submits for approval and reviews andapproves expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or a related field; plus four years of experience in child welfare or human services.
Position number: 22100659
Closing date: August 23, 2013
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ARSTATEJOBS.COM