- Company: American Paper & Twine
- Updated: 8/29/2013
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: salary + commission
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Sales
We are looking for intelligent, resourceful, and talented individuals to join our growing sales team in Arkansas. The position involves selling packaging products, janitorial/sanitation products, foodservice disposables, safety supplies, and office products to businesses spanning just about every industry.
Day to day responsibilities include interfacing with new and existing customers, developing leads, cold calling prospects, working on quotations, assisting with order fulfillment, entertaining clients, and partnering with vendor representatives. Successful team members will ascertain customer problems and offer solutions which are profitable to our business and helpful to our customers.
American Paper and Twine Company, founded in 1926, is a wholesale distributor of janitorial/sanitation products, packaging products, foodservice disposables, safety supplies, and office products. Our customers include manufacturing and distribution facilities, administrative offices, healthcare agencies, educational institutions, restaurant and catering operations, financial enterprises, as well as various sectors of the government. Our product breadth and world class sales team differentiate us from our competitors and allow us to market ourselves as a one stop shop to large and small businesses. Headquartered in Nashville, TN we have five additional branches in Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis, Little Rock and Atlanta.
- 4 year degree from an accredited university or college.
- Evidence of achievement and progression of results in school, career, or outside interests.
- Basic understanding of business transactions – bids and proposals, requisitions, purchase orders, logistics, payments, etc.
- Firm understanding of gross margins. Able to calculate transactional and account profitability using software such as Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to recognize and recall nuance from conversations as well as present written data/information in a concise, cogent format.
- Able to prospect, persuade, and close business accounts – ideal candidate will be able to get commitments from potential customers even when the initial answer is “no.”
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills – candidate is typically able to finish assignments/tasks in half the time that peers can.
- 3+ years of business to business, outside sales experience is preferred, but consideration will be given to less experienced candidates with the right skills and competencies.
- Critical thinking - Data presentation
- Results orientation - Positive outlook/disposition
- Adaptability - Customer orientation
- Exceptional listener - Persuasive
- Self-motivated - Relationship building/networking
- Self-confident – Emotional intelligence
- Welcomes challenges – sees opportunities where others see obstacles
We have a solid infrastructure at the Little Rock branch to support the candidate’s sales efforts so that maximum time can be devoted to interfacing with customers and building a book of business. Compensation will consist of a competitive base salary plus incentives, along with the possibility of eventually moving to a commission based schedule with unlimited earning potential. American Paper and Twine will provide initial product and sales training, as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, short/long term disability, and a 401K plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume including your compensation history to firstname.lastname@example.org.