- Company: Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Updated: 9/19/2013
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 32,249 - 54,775
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Government, Medical/Dental
The Rehabilitation Counselor is responsible for implementing and monitoring individualized rehabilitation programs and providing therapeutic counseling and referral services for patients in need of rehabilitative care.
- Develops an individualized written rehabilitation program with individuals in order to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Monitors independent living skills or vocational training; evaluates and documents individuals progress in a rehabilitation program.
- Interviews clients to obtain background information and social history; administers psychological, diagnostic, and behavioral assessments; makes recommendations for admission.
- Conducts individual or group counseling sessions to increase client self- esteem and to aid client's social, emotional, psychological, and physical well- being.
- Makes referral to other services and resources to assist with needs of clients.
- Prepares and analyzes reports including case work progress notes, logs of activities, and documentation of sessions, maintain reports including logs of daily progress of patients, quality assurance records, documentation of sessions, and case work recorded.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, sociology, or a related field; plus three years of experience in rehabilitation counseling or related field.
Position number: 22104244
Closing date: September 17, 2013
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ARSTATEJOBS.COM