Mortgage Loan Officer
- Company: First Service Bank
- Updated: 12/27/2013
- Location: Conway, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Banking/Finance
Mortgage Loan Officer
First Service Bank seeks a full-time Mortgage Loan Officer to serve primarily at the Conway location with the possibility of some work at the Greenbrier location. This position is an excellent opportunity for individuals who enjoy providing superior customer service, who would like to work with a professional team in a friendly banking environment.
As a loan officer with First Service Bank, you would be involved in a variety of initiatives and activities supporting our full-service mortgage department that originates secondary market residential loans. Every day you will be proactively involved in originating quality Conventional, FHA, VA, and RD loans while managing customers through the entire process. You will collect and analyze information regarding customer income, assets, investments, debts, and creditworthiness, advising the customer of the best loan product to meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances, as well as managing the customer through the entire loan process by setting expectations, taking applications, gathering the customer’s required supporting documentation and attending closings, etc.
You will also focus on the Conway market via marketing and promotional strategies to attract new business through building a network with real estate agents, builders, developers, financial planners, and other referral sources.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Minimum of two years of secondary market residential loan experience as an originator and/or processor
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills;
• Proficient in computer skills (including, but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Knowledge and good understanding of underwriting criteria and guidelines for Conventional, FHA, VA, and RD loans;
• Public speaking skills with the ability to make presentations;
• Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and the loan process;
• Knowledge of current compliance regulations and standards in the mortgage industry;
• Sound judgment and ability to problem solve
Current NMLS license and experience with Encompass Loan Origination software is a plus.
Applicant should live within 20 miles from Conway or be willing to relocate is preferred.
Apply online at: firstservicebank.com/aboutus/Careers.aspx.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.