- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 9/19/2013
- Location: Fayetteville, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Telecommunications
Purpose/reason for this Position:
5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV, is looking for a motivated, hard-working news photographer to join our team and work out of our Northwest Arkansas newsroom. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to hustle and be aggressive when it comes to daily and breaking news coverage. Experience and working knowledge of digital videography and non-linear editing is a big plus. Photographers shoot with Sony EX3 cameras and edit video with Final Cut Pro.
Core Job Functions:
• Insures sound and picture quality of all stories shot.
• Works alone or with a reporter or field producer to shoot and edit the stories for broadcast.
• Operates ENG microwave van, and SNG satellite trucks.
• Must be knowledgeable of non-linear digital editing and related programs.
• The ability to read maps, and navigate quickly.
• Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
• Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned vehicle.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to shoot video in all kinds of settings and edit under deadline. Ability to operate ENG Microwave van, drive vehicle and set up tripods, etc. Knowledge of how cameras and accessories work to perform minor repairs and maintenance in field, if necessary. Exercises car maintenance (oil changes, cleanliness, etc.) Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Dexterity to operate camera, laptop, tripod, etc. Vision to shoot and edit video. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of: Camera, audio equipment, tripods, batteries, etc. Works in all kinds of weather conditions.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume, link to reel and references to Robby Ferguson, Chief Photographer, KFSM-TV, 4201 North Shiloh Dr. Suite 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer