Administrative Assistant, Academic Success Center
- Company: Philander Smith College
- Updated: 10/18/2013
- Location: Philander Smith College
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Category: Clerical/Administrative
Reporting to the Retention Director of the Academic Success Center, the Administrative Assistant – Academic Success Center serves as the connecting point between ASC, its component personnel and the campus as a whole.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide clerical and office support.
• Maintain the day-to-day operation of the office in the capacity of an Administrative Assistant.
• Create and maintain office documents such as (invoices, reports, purchase orders, etc).
• Maintain and inventory supplies and office property.
• Send, receive and sort mail, and other packages.
• Make travel arrangements for ASC office personnel.
• Maintain office coordination link between the Academic Success Center/Director and the rest of the office.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with students, faculty and staff.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding student records and information (when appropriate).
• Demonstrate clerical and administrative experience.
• Evidence of experience relating to volunteers and maintaining an office.
• Minimum of an Associate Degree.
• Computer (Microsoft, software programming, etc.) and office management proficient.
• Articulate with strong communication skills.
• Current in updated technology trends.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional letters of reference to:
Philander Smith College
Attn: Office of Human Resources
900 W. Daisy Bates Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202
Applications packets can be emailed to email@example.com.
Philander Smith College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or religion. Philander Smith College is a smoke-free and drug-free work environment. Philander Smith College participates in E-Verify.