- Company: Arcom Systems, Inc.
- Updated: 1/9/2014
- Location: North Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Construction/Architecture, Management, Professional, Technology
ArCom Systems, one of the 50 Fastest Growing Security Integration Firms in the U.S. as listed by SDI Magazine, is currently looking for a proven leader to manage and grow our Central Arkansas Installation Team. This is a unique career opportunity to work with latest generation security technologies and top talent in the fast-growing security and life-safety industry. Outstanding benefits include paid healthcare, paid dental, 401K matching funds, paid vacation, paid factory training, paid auto, paid cell phone, and great work environment.
Project Manager Job Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Project Manager must effectively manage and control each project schedule, budget, and associated labor hours, while also creating an outstanding customer experience for our valued clients. Additionally, the successful PM will supervise and mentor his/her employees for both project and career growth, make staff development recommendations, conduct performance reviews, develop career-pathing opportunities, and recruit top talent to the team to ensure quality deliverables for the future.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Develop and maintain department by recruiting, selecting, training, and counseling; communicating expectations; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations; implementing production, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems, determining improvements, implementing change.
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions, managing scope.
• Minimum of one to three (1-3) years’ experience managing mid to large scale projects.
Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet requirements.
Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
Manages day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope.
Effectively applies company methodology and enforces project standards.
Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Client Management.
Identifies and manages client expectations.
Communicates with, and listens effectively to clients.
Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives.
• Excellent abilities in communications and consensus building.
Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
Holds regular status meetings with project team.
Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
Skill Preferred Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or technical degree in Management, IT, Computer Science or other related field.
• One to Three years of project management experience with college degree preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project or other project management software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Understanding of programming, database building, IP addressing, networking, servers.
Optional Skills/Training/Certifications Desired:
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Life-Safety systems experience: Fire Alarm, I.P. Video Surveillance, Access Control, Nurse Call, Intrusion, Sound (intercom/paging), Video Analytics, Mass Notification.
• Factory Certifications in life safety systems.
• Net+, A+, MCP or other similar certifications.
• Structured cabling, fiber, wireless, VoIP.
• OSHA Construction 10 or 30 hour.
Contact HR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 501-227-6707, Attn: HR