Premium Billing Lead
- Company: Transamerica Worksite Marketing
- Updated: 10/9/2013
- Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: TBD
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping, Banking/Finance, Finance, Insurance
To learn more or to apply, please visit our website at transamerica.com .
Located in the heart of West Little Rock, Transamerica Employee Benefits is the administrative office of Transamerica Life Insurance Company responsible for the creation, implementation, marketing and administration of a broad range of insurance products offered by companies to their employees.
Better still, Transamerica Employee Benefits is a fun-filled, family friendly workplace where you can realize your potential through employee development, as well as be recognized and compensated for your contributions to the success of our business within the growing voluntary benefits marketplace.
• Will be responsible for processing all types of maintenance and premium transactions related to billable policies including but not limited to terminations/cancellations, reversing and applying premium, issuing refunds, researching and resolving issues related to billing/premium/coverage discrepancies within the applicable billing cycle.
• Will be responsible for prompt and accurate reconciliation and posting of employer/employee payments via paper or electronic remittance and billing maintenance/suspense resolution within established service levels and turnaround standards.
• Will be responsible to generate correspondence and perform multiple functions related to billing/policy changes to include interpreting policy language for portability/continuation/conversion, etc.
• Will be required to initiate requests to other departments and external customers to resolve or correct billing/premium/coverage discrepancies and will be responsible for timely follow-up on requests to proactively resolve issues and communicate resolution to the customer and the necessary parties involved.
• May be responsible for reviewing and researching items on system generated exception reports to clear outstanding suspense or resolve past due policies/groups.
• May be required to import premium files and process maintenance files received from our electronic customers.
• May be responsible for ongoing communication via phone or email with our customers (electronic or web customers, third party administrators, agents, employers, etc) to initiate file exchange, follow-up on missing files or file errors, process file and coordinate file processes.
• May be responsible to contact new groups to setup and explain our billing/premium process.
• May be responsible for investigating and resolving issues related to returned checks, delinquent accounts, misapplied premiums, and other discrepancies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Proficient and accurate data entry skills.
• Good working knowledge and experience with MS Office.
• Proficient knowledge of English grammar, proper business etiquette and spelling with excellent written and verbal communication skill.
• Independent decision making skills and strong leaderships skills.
• Insurance background preferred.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage within 30 days of employment, 401k/pension/stock plans, paid holidays, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and business casual attire.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AND MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.