- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 10/9/2013
- Location: Fort Smith, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Telecommunications
5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV, has an immediate opening for a Multi-Media Producer.
In this position, you will be responsible for producing newscasts for TV and web content, working closely with reporters, producers, directors and the assignment desk. You will review reporter scripts, develop content for our website, social network sites, and our mobile platform.
To be considered, you must have a passion for news. You must be a strong writer, have sharp news judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work well with others. You will be expected to bring enthusiasm and creativity to the product. We are looking for someone who understands the important role personality and storytelling plays in the newscast.
A college degree is preferred. Ideally, you are already doing this job in another market.
• Producers plan content, write stories, build graphics and are responsible for the creative execution of all elements of the newscast.
• Producers are expected to brainstorm and use production techniques, graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to visually enhance the show.
• Producers regularly write stories for 5NEWSonline.com including attaching images and streaming video.
• Producers take on special projects as assigned
• Producers must have non-linear editing skills.
Statement about Other Duties:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume, a resume tape, application and references to Amanda Hale, Executive Producer, KFSM-TV, North 13th Street, Fort Smith AR 72901or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer