- Company: Delta Dental
- Updated: 10/17/2013
A million smiles must know something! For more than a quarter of a century, Delta Dental has been providing innovative, high quality and affordable dental benefits for employers and individuals in Arkansas. We are currently recruiting for the following position:
To provide support to General Counsel in various aspects of legal work and research on behalf of the company and its affiliates, including researching laws and preparing legal documents.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Research statutes, cases, status of pending matters, administrative rules and decisions, and pending legislation and provide initial analysis for review by an attorney.
2. Research local, state, and federal licensing renewal requirements and other regulatory compliance requirements as they relate to registration and license renewals.
3. As necessary, prepare and file corporate, administrative and licensing registration and renewal forms in all relevant jurisdictions to maintain existing licenses.
4. As necessary, serve as a resource in preparation of responses to subscriber and provider complaints filed with the state insurance departments and other regulatory and administrative agencies, as well as respond to subpoenas and other document requests.
5. Prepare drafts of legal opinions, form contracts, board committee reports, and other legal documents, as well as reports and other factual summaries for review by General Counsel.
6. Participate as necessary in the preparation of corporate documents.
7. Assist General Counsel by responding to various legal actions and other regulatory agency inquiries.
8. Evaluate, research, track, and maintain records of potential HIPAA disclosures.
9. Track, evaluate, and respond to demands from federal government and its contractors for repayment of previously paid claims.
10. Assist General Counsel in preparing written policies and procedures related to the Compliance Department.
11. Assist General Counsel as necessary to manage fraud and abuse investigation and recovery efforts, including coordinating with other internal departments as necessary.
12. Support General Counsel during litigation/arbitration.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Position requires an associate’s degree in a related field and/or completion of a paralegal certification program, as well as two years' related experience in a legal setting; completion of a paralegal certification program is preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Position requires knowledge of federal and state statutes and regulations and experience in performing legal research; advanced analytical and communication skills; the ability to edit and compose business and legal documents and correspondence; and, the ability to utilize appropriate word processing and related software, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Adobe, Excel, and Power Point.