Certified Athletic Trainer
- Company: Philander Smith College
- Updated: 10/18/2013
- Location: Philander Smith College
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Sports/Recreation
Philander Smith College invites applications for the position of Certified Athletic Trainer for our Athletic Department.
Under the supervision of the Athletic Director, the Certified Athletic Trainer’s main responsibility will be to develop, coordinate, and administer a comprehensive sports medical program for Philander Smith College’s intercollegiate sports. The Athletic Trainer will also perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
• Develop overall sports medicine program for the College, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes
• Provide athletic training services for the College’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary
• Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete
• Responsible for the formation of the College’s athletic training staff, including hiring, training and supervision of assistant/associate athletic trainers, graduate assistant athletic trainers and student athletic trainers
• Work in conjunction with the coaching staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs
• Assist Athletic Director in the development of the sports medical program budget
• Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medical program
• Recordkeeping and documentation
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and 4-5 years professional experience (prefer Master’s degree and 2-3 years professional experience)
• Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
• State Athletic Training Licensure
• Familiarity with NCAA or NAIA governing rules
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, copies of transcripts and three letters of professional recommendations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email subject line should include the full name of the position for which you are applying and attached documents should be in Word format. You may also mail your information to:
Philander Smith College
Attn: Office of Human Resources
900 Daisy Bates Drive
Little Rock, AR 72202
Philander Smith College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status or religion. Philander Smith College is a smoke –free and drug-free work environment. Philander Smith College participates in E-Verify.