LEAN Project Manager (1915-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, INC.
- Updated: 12/9/2013
- Location: This role can be located in any major market within the US.
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Category: Engineering, Manufacturing
Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
- Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
- Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
- People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
- Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
- Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
Purpose: To identify, develop and implement LEAN practices throughout the enterprise and to manage LEAN Projects as directed by the Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing distribution organization; supporting process improvement projects using LEAN Operations methodologies. Lean Black-belt certification is essential. 75 to 80% travel required within the US.
This role can be located anywhere in the US, one of our top markets within Stock’s footprint is preferred.
- Participation in at least one full lifecycle Lean project and preferably in a mfg distribution location.
- Must have deep knowledge of process improvement as it applies to operational efficiencies.
- Strong, applicable knowledge of LEAN, Six Sigma tools and methods, Business Process Management, Change Management and Business Process Re-engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to rapidly master Location/Mfg specific business processes. Lean Method, models and tools and provide application leadership and mentoring in this context
- Excellent facilitation, selling and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills
- Skills and experience in end-to-end process analysis, design and improvement to rapidly deliver major business outcomes
- Ability to produce high quality written and verbal communication within a knowledge management framework
- Exceptional PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word SharePoint, Project and SQL
- Undergraduate degree in an Applied Science/Masters preferred
This role can be located in any major market within the US. Competitive compensation package.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: