Mortgage Servicing Insurance Supervisor
- Company: Arvest Bank - Central Mortgage Company
- Updated: 11/4/2013
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: Middle Management
- Region: Central
To be considered for this postion, please apply at our Career Center on our website at arvest.comARVEST BANK
Job Title: Mortgage Servicing Insurance Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Mortgage Servicing Escrow Department
SUPERVISOR: Mortgage Servicing Escrow Manager
EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes
DATE PREPARED: June 2005
DATE REVIEWED: July 2011
SUMMARY: The Mortgage Servicing Insurance Supervisor, under the direction of the
Mortgage Servicing Escrow Manager, will oversee the daily activities of the Mortgage
Servicing Insurance Department to provide maximum production, a positive work
environment, and quality service to all internal and external customers (co-workers,
vendors, insurance companies, investors, etc.). The incumbent ensures that insurance
premiums are paid on or before the date they are due and that those loans with
no insurance or inadequate insurance coverage are properly notified before being placed on
forced place insurance. Additionally, the incumbent will manage the claim checks process within the federal and investor guidelines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
1. Oversee the functions in the Mortgage Servicing Insurance Department.
2. Ensure that the insurance premiums are paid timely on all loans that are escrowed for
hazard insurance. (homeowners, fire, flood, windstorm, earthquake, etc.)
3. Ensure that renewal information from declaration pages are updated on the system for
4. Ensure that cancellations and reinstatements are entered on the system correctly.
5. Ensure that associates are following proper procedure regarding returned mail so
customer information is input and updated accurately.
6. Oversee research and problem resolutions to ensure completion in a timely manner.
Follow up on outstanding problem when needed.
7. Research complicated insurance issues and provide problem resolution to
8. Monitor open items reports on all loans escrowed for hazard insurance.
9. Administer the insurance claim checks process, providing that all established
requirements and investor guidelines are met.
10. Provide training and organize training sessions for associates.
11. Ensure that all insurance refunds are deposited back into the escrow account in a
timely manner. Order a new escrow analysis when needed. Refunds on paid in full
loan should be endorsed and mail directly to the customer.
12. Ensure that forced placed hazard and/or flood insurance is establish when needed.
Also, monitor cancellations and refunds on forced placed insurance. Order new
analysis when needed.
13. Coordinate information and resources with other supervisors/managers in the Loan
Servicing division in order to provide borrowers and associates with courteous and
14. Communicate with investors, insurers, vendors and/or business partners regarding
issues related to primary function. Formulate and respond to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
1. Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
2. Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to
ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
3. Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve
profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
4. Foster and promote the proper company image at all times.
Directly supervises the associates in the Mortgage Servicing Insurance Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies
and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, appraising
performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. The incumbent has the authority
and the appropriate influence to make recommendations regarding hiring, termination,
advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other associates within the
guidelines of the bank’s procedures and guidelines for such change of status events.
The incumbent provides planning, assigning, and directing work assignments
and schedules; addressing complaints and resolving problems; training associates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
· 2 years previous experience with hazard insurance required
· 2 years customer service experience required
· Knowledge of mortgage servicing regulations and compliance required
· Knowledge of Arvest policies and procedures preferred
· 6-12 months previous supervisory experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work
· Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of
personality, presence or communication style
· Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer
personality, presence or communication style
· Must be able to perform several tasks at once
· Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
· Must be able to rotate job tasks
· Must be able to greet others cordially
· Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
· Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
· Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
· Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
· Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department,
division, or bank to attend meetings
· Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports,
schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and
hear. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects/controls.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodans may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.