- Company: Colliers International
- Updated: 11/5/2013
- Location: Downtown Little Rock Area
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Mid to High 30's DOE
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
Job Description Summary: This position will prepare and maintain accounting for assigned managed properties.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss and other operating statements as required.
2. Prepare bank reconciliations.
3. Prepare monthly accounts receivables and payables reports.
4. Generate payments, enter drafts for monthly mortgages; record and maintain loan history.
5. Maintain general ledger for managed properties.
6. Assist senior property accountants as required.
7. Assist accounts payable coordinator as required.
8. Write up and receipt daily bank deposits.
9. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions, duties, skills and job standards required. Other job functions, duties, skills and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of general accounting
2. Proficient in Excel and 10-Key
3. Produce accurate work while meeting specified deadlines
4. Extremely detailed and organized
5. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all owners, vendors and staff
6. Positive attitude, dependable and self-starter
7. Good listening skills
8. Professional appearance
9. On occasion, may be required to work in excess of 40 hours (especially each January & February)
10. Ability to learn new software
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Accounting degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Specific Skills: Background in property management accounting desired but not required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses: N/A
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: N/A
Equipment Used in Work Environment:
1. PC with Microsoft Suite of products including Word & Excel
2. 10-Key calculator
3. Photocopy Machine
4. Fax Machine
5. Digital Scanner
6. Telephone and Printer
Major Job Demands (Physical & Mental):
1. Repetitive motion involving hands, wrists and/or fingers
2. Reaching, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling
3. Sitting for long periods of time
4. Interacting with a wide range of personalities
5. Working under pressure and meeting deadlines