- Company: Dextera
- Updated: 12/12/2013
- Location: North Little Rock, AR
- Status: Part-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Clerical/Administrative
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (PART-TIME)
Men’s Health Clinic – North Little Rock, AR
Men’s health clinic is seeking a part-time receptionist for our North Little Rock outpatient clinic. Hours will be 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Serves patients by greeting and assisting them; schedules appointments; maintains records and accounts. The receptionist is often the first person a patient interacts with, whether over the phone or upon arriving at the clinic. Consequently, the receptionist is integral to shaping the patient’s first impression of the clinic, which could influence the patient-provider relationship for the long-term.
• Welcomes patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answers questions or refers inquiries to the appropriate party.
• Schedules patient appointments in person or by telephone.
• Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying appropriate provider of patient’s arrival and of delays or cancellations.
• Answers patients’ questions in a courteous manner.
• Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintains the reception area to ensure it is clean and orderly.
• Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
• Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
• Records and collects patient charges; files, collects, and expedites third-party claims.
• Files, copies and scans documents.
• Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
• Maintains confidentiality of patients’ personal and financial information.
• Contributes to team effort by assisting office staff as needed.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of one to three years of office administration or receptionist experience preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Multi-tasking, flexibility, telephone skills, customer service, time management, organization, attention to detail, scheduling, word processing , professionalism, quality focus.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work with others as part of a team focused on patient care.
• Must project a personable and professional demeanor with patients, visitors,
staff and medical personnel.
Qualified candidates who are interested in joining our team should forward a resume via email to email@example.com or fax to 501-975-1701. Include Job Ref #NLRMH2 in application.