News Production Manager
- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 12/16/2013
- Location: Fort Smith, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Telecommunications
5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV, is looking for an energetic and experienced Production Manager. With the full support of the News Director, the right person for this job will manage all production personnel and work every day to improve the quality of our on-air product.
Qualified candidates must know how to do everything in TV production, and must have at least five years of television production or management experience. Applicants must be excellent technical directors with a working knowledge of automated news productions and graphic systems. The Production Manager must be able manage, schedule, train and mentor the production staff.
The Production Manager will also play a key role executing the news strategic operating plan put into place by the News Director. We’re looking for a manager that can motivate and coach production personnel to perform at top levels. This is a leadership position and the right candidate must be able to manage stressful and time sensitive situations.
Core Job Functions:
• Supervise all newscast production and day-to-day news production operations.
• Under the direction of the News Director, supervise and schedule all production staff.
• Work as a technical director as needed, and fill in for other production positions as needed.
• Must be able to develop and design news sets in the studio and in the field.
• Manage set lighting, studio microphones and audio equipment, studio cameras and production computers.
• Work closely with the Executive Producer to manage all visual elements of all news products.
• Must be able to work station promotional events as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
We’re looking for someone with experience supervising a professional production staff and executing high quality, live newscasts in the studio and in the field. You must be able to drive a vehicle. You must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one). A working knowledge of Ross Overdrive, Vizrt, television audio equipment, studio cameras, and teleprompter systems is a must.
A degree is preferred and at least five years’ work experience in news production. Management experience is a big plus.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as required. The ability to communicate in office settings using telephone, radio, and intercom. Clear vision to view and execute newscasts.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
Submit tape, resume and references to Rick Bagley, News Director, KFSM-TV/KXNW-TV, 318 North 13th Street, Fort Smith, AR 72901, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.