Part-Time Sports Reporter/MMJ
- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 12/16/2013
- Location: Fayetteville, AR
- Status: Part-Time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Telecommunications
Purpose/reason for this Position:
5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM TV and KXNW TV, is looking for a curious, hard-working sports reporter/photographer. The right person for this job is a good storyteller who can do it all: generate daily local sports story ideas, shoot, edit, produce and report. We’re looking for a journalist who will cover all sports and tell personalized stories about local athletes year-round. We are unique in this market because we are committed to covering all aspects of Arkansas athletics while focusing on local storytelling. Our sports staff is aggressive with social media and online posting. Live Tweeting, posting and blogging on a regular basis is a must. This is a 25 hour a week job based in Fayetteville.
Core Job Functions:
• Insures sound and picture quality of all stories shot. Must take pride in your product.
• Works alone or with a photographer to shoot, edit and/or report the stories for broadcast.
• Must understand or be able to learn non-linear digital editing and programs.
• Fill in anchor as needed.
• Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
• Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned vehicle.
• Be coachable. Accept constructive criticism to improve your craft.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Ability to shoot video in all kinds of settings and edit under deadline. Knowledge of how cameras work to troubleshoot in field, if necessary. Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
A journalism or broadcast degree and one year experience is preferred.
Dexterity to operate camera. Vision to shoot and edit video. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of: camera, tripods, batteries, etc.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume and references to Chris Breece, Sports Director, KFSM-TV, 4201 North Shiloh, Ste. 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703, or e-mail email@example.com. No phone calls please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer