Allied Health Coordinator/Instructor
- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 1/13/2014
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Education
This is a full-time 12-month position and is governed by agency/institutional policy.
Primary duties will include but not limited to:
• Oversee the general daily operation of the Allied Health instructional programs and supervision of instructional faculty, adjunct faculty and staff under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor for Academics.
• Coordinate the development, evaluation, and revision of Allied Health instructional programs, curriculum, and courses to ensure academic quality under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor for Academics.
• Maintain policies, procedures, and accreditation as required by the AR State Board of Nursing.
• Mentor and counsel allied health students.
• Supervise the LPN student nurses in the clinical setting as needed.
• Develop master clinical rotation schedule following the minimum requirements set forth by the AR State Nursing Board.
• Obtain Cooperative Agreements of Affiliation with area clinical facilities.
• Assist with the selection of students for the Practical Nursing program.
• Assist in the classroom instruction of theory and basic nursing skills.
• Responsible for development and administration of the departmental budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or related field.
• Registered Nurse in the state of Arkansas with an unencumbered license
• Previous experience in clinical nursing practice and/or education.
• Supervisory experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with good command of the English language
• Must be able to work flexible schedule which includes evenings
• Valid Arkansas Drivers License and a good driving record according to the State of Arkansas Vehicle Safety Program
• Knowledge of basic computer skills.
• Master’s Degree in nursing or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years nursing experience including at least one (1) year in the provision in long term care nursing services within the last five (5) years
• Teaching experience