Class A CDL Driver Ft Smith (2127-376)
- Company: BMC Stock
- Updated: 1/28/2014
- Location: Springdale, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Category: Transportation
BASIC PURPOSE: (Primary purpose of the position)
Class A CDL to deliver lumber building materials from Springdale, Ark - Stock Building Supply location to Fort Smith greater area on a daily route. Compensation package includes full benefits at 90 days. Company truck will be provided with a location in Fort Smith to park loaded truck overnight for 1st am delivery the following morning – return to Springdale and make other local drops to finish out the day while FS truck is loaded for next run end of day.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
- Maintains a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License as required.
- Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organizes and secures load.
- Assists forklift operators when loading.
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers’ satisfaction.
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Operates all trucks in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
- Logs in deliveries using handheld device.
- Waits on customers while truck is being loaded.
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
- Minimum education required— High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Minimum experience required—2 years CDL experience including lumber dumping. Basic CDL experience with flat beds and/or tractor trailers required.
- Special skills required— Ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms. Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills and use safe lifting techniques.
- Other—Clean driving record, current CDL operator’s license, and current DOT qualifications. Ability to stoop bend, twist, throw and work in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs on a repetitive basis.
- Must be a CDL driver with at least two years experience driving
- Tractor Trailer (semi) and experience and/or trucks with mounties and roll off trailers needed.
Apply online at: