Web Designer with SEO
- Company: The Hughes Agency
- Updated: 2/26/2014
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $42,000 to $45,000 annually.
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Marketing
This position is ideally for someone with less graphics more website design build, posting, maintenance and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
JOB SUMMARY: This position works directly with the Marketing department to create and maintain all marketing materials and websites as well as miscellaneous design tasks. The ideal candidate possesses a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build and maintain company websites.
• Produce still and animated graphics
• Separate artwork/output films for screen print
• Confer with sales, customer service, designers on projects requirement
• Create a variety of print and electronic publications such as newsletters, flyers, brochures, fact sheets, advertisements, etc.
• Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
• Prepare notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
• Product photography and promotional videos
• Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content, for the main web site and for department websites.
• Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
• Build websites using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
• Associates degree or higher in Graphic Design or related
• 2+ years of professional Graphic Design experience
• Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS, and Word Press
• Expert skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver (CS5)
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
• Adequate video editing experience
• Experience working on a Mac platform & Microsoft
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
• Must be a team player and have a positive attitude
• Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions definite assets.
Pay is $42,000 to $45,000 annually. Send resumes to Kara@hughesstaffingagency.com.