Installed Sales Manager (2185-376)
- Company: BMC Stock
- Updated: 3/14/2014
- Location: Springdale, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: Middle Management
- Category: Management, Sales
Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our "customer-focused, associate-driven" spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
- Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
- Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
- People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
- Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
- Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
Responsible for meeting established sales goals and projected margins, supervision and directing of all activities associated with the marketing, advertising, PR, selling, installing or constructing, collections and customer follow up of the installed sales department.
- Ensures that all installed sales customers receive superior service.
- Establishes sales goals for inside and outside salespeople.
- Hires, trains and supervises all department employees and conducts performance reviews as dictated by company policy.
- Coordinates with financial institutions for customer’s project financing needs.
- Utilizes installed sales management software programs, operational manuals and other material.
- Maintains the accuracy of the job cost accounting for each job utilizing the provided software.
- Furnishes salespeople with an estimating system, contracts and other forms for each type of project indicating possible added cost categories and other related information.
- Coordinates with store managers to continually update the pricing guides.
- Administers advertising programs within the established budgets and other guidelines.
- Schedules all projects, installations, deliveries and pick-ups.
- Coordinates installations with store managers, inside salespeople, installers, outside salespeople and customers.
- Solicits sub-contractors for participation in the installed sales program.
- Maintains rapport with all installers and contractors by telephone, mail and/or by periodically holding meetings.
- Alert all installers 30 days prior to any insurance and/or license expirations.
- Monitors the mechanical and repair records of any vehicles assigned to the installed sales department.
- Ensure that all services meet or exceed requirements by regulatory agencies and OSHA.
- Ensures all employees and subcontractors are taught the company’s customer service policy.
- Minimum education required—High School Diploma or general education degree.
- Minimum experience required—3 years experience in management, preferably in retail management.
- Special skills required—Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales, customer service and training skills. Strong knowledge of building material products and lumber. Knowledge of point-of-sales systems, basic business accounting, safety and store security. Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to read and interpret business periodicals, technical materials, and government regulations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to operate networked computer systems and specialized software application programs and to instruct others in effective use of application software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: