Truss Designer (1112-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, INC.
- Updated: 2/17/2014
- Location: Conroe, TX
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Category: Construction/Architecture, Engineering
The combination of Bison Building Materials and Stock Building Supply has formed Bison, a Stock Building Supply company – one of the largest building material distributors in Houston. By leveraging the historical strengths of both companies, we are able to provide an enhanced experience for our customers.
Today, Bison, a Stock Building Supply company, operates in four locations, providing quality products such as moulding and millwork, windows, custom doors, cabinets, columns, stair parts, engineered wood, decking as well as comprehensive construction packages. Value-added services, such as turnkey installation, are available on many of our product lines to provide peace of mind that the installation will be done correctly, on time, and without the administrative hassles of coordinating product ordering and labor scheduling separately.
Designs and completes layouts of residential roof and floor truss systems for pricing and manufacturing.
- Designs residential roof and floor truss systems and produces layouts.
- Discusses changes and corrections with engineers, architects and contractors prior to and during construction.
- Presents, sells and follows-up on new jobs.
- Coordinates, sells and does follow-ups of new jobs.
- Prepares roof truss and truss joist floor layouts.
- Performs job site inspections.
- Produces materials list.
- Determines special notes to append to contracts.
- Resolves architectural and design discrepancies.
- Assists in shipping department.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Minimum education required—AAS in civil, architectural or design related field, prefer Bachelor’s degree. Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Minimum experience required—1-year drafting experience in a construction or building materials-related industry.
- Special skills required—Proficient technical writing skills. Excellent salesmanship and communication skills.
- Special knowledge required—Readingand interpreting blueprints in an architectural related industry.
- Other—PC Literate with Microsoft Office products, AUTO CAD, and other design programs that facilitate learning in-house program with ease.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: