- Company: Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Updated: 3/18/2014
- Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 37,332 - 62,616
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Government, Nurses
The Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state's largest agency with over 8,000 employees working in 181 county offices serving more than one million people. Employees work in 10 major divisions and five support offices to provide services to Arkansas citizens. DHS is currently seeking a Registered Nurse in Little Rock, AR.
Closing date: March 17, 2014
Position number: 22097934
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ARSTATEJOBS.COM
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care and the provision of other patient services in a clinical setting. This position:
- Records medical and family history of patients and current medication usage, conducts physical examinations, and monitors vital signs.
- Develops and updates patient care plan for completion of treatment goals.
- Reviews patient charts for physician orders, progress notes, and physical complaints.
- Consults with physicians concerning problem cases, provides assistance with case management, and refers patients to appropriate clinic or agency for treatment.
- Responds to emergency or life-threatening situations and administers appropriate treatment.
- Counsels and instructs patients and family members on proper care and use of medication and medical equipment, modifies care plan according to patient's progress, and informs of available services, if providing care in the home or hospital.
- Instructs individuals, families, and other groups regarding health issues, such as preventive care, nutrition, and childcare.
- Arranges for immunizations, blood pressure testing, and other health screening.
- Works with community leaders, teachers, parents, and physicians in community health education.
- May supervise daily activities of licensed practical nurses and nursing aides.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work rotating shifts or hours other than normal working hours or to be on call.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing in accordance with ACA 17-87-301.