Project QA Analyst
- Company: Transamerica
- Updated: 3/25/2014
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $37,720.00 to $48,000.00
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Insurance, Research, Technology
To learn more or to apply, please visit our website at transamerica.com .
Located in the heart of West Little Rock, Transamerica Employee Benefits is the administrative office of Transamerica Life Insurance Company responsible for the creation, implementation, marketing and administration of a broad range of insurance products offered by companies to their employees.
Better still, Transamerica Employee Benefits is a fun-filled, family friendly workplace where you can realize your potential through employee development, as well as be recognized and compensated for your contributions to the success of our business within the growing voluntary benefits marketplace.
• Responsible for all test related activities and plays a key role in the assurance of quality on an enhancement, project or system defect.
• Participate in reviews and walk-throughs. Interpreting business processes/rules working with the business area(s) and key personnel to translate them into business requirements and test cases (scenarios) in order to build a detailed test plan/test matrix.
• Assist in determining the amount of testing effort and approach necessary to complete a given project or issue.
• Assist in the development of a detailed project test plan/test matrix that can be reviewed and approved by the project team.
• Ensure tests that are developed are repeatable, as well as traceable to the requirements.
• Execute test cases as defined by a given Test Matrix/Issue in order to validate business requirements are met or an issue has been corrected.
• Review test input/output and makes recommendations on test environments and test-bed configurations that are required during the test execution phase, and remove any obstacles that may be presented.
• Research and analyze the results and initiate clarification or raise concerns as necessary.
• Document and track defects as they are found till closure.
• Continuously look for and suggest process improvements to ensure a quality product is tested and produced.
• Provide guidance as needed in system and work flow processes that will assist the business units to align technology solutions with business initiatives
• Coordinate and assist with user documentation and training material, working with the business units and technical personnel.
• May participate in training efforts.
• Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent training/experience.
• Proficient with MS Office
• Ability to analyze testing processes, policies, and procedures and make recommendations for improvements. Experience in computer/web based application administration, system testing, or software development (or related discipline).
• Experience in the use of structured testing techniques/methodology and processes.
• Understand and support structured testing including planning, designing, and executing tests in a diverse IT environment on multiple platforms.
• 1+ years’ experience in a testing within an IT or Operations division preferred.
• Strong financial/insurance product knowledge preferred.
• Experience with testing tools such as automation and load testing is a plus.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage within 30 days of employment, 401k/pension/stock plans, paid holidays, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and business casual attire.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company (Realty Advisors, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please inform the Human Resources department if you need assistance completing any forms, or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to Apply:
Please visit our career page @ transamerica.com/individual/what-we-do/careers/ and follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.