- Company: J.R. Simplot Company
- Updated: 4/23/2014
The Following Opportunities are NOW Available!!
Production Manager (West Memphis, AR)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Production Manager position available at our Food Group plant in West Memphis, AR.
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating operations personnel and processes to attain plant production requirements at budgeted cost while adhering to all quality and safety measures. The successful candidate will assist with planning and execution of operational budgets, and will manage production and maintenance programs, striving to minimize downtime, and providing a safe working environment, and a safe finished product that meets government and environmental criteria. The focus will be on continued improvement of the plant in areas such as teamwork, employee involvement and process ownership.
• Lead and develop a trust-based operations (Production and Maintenance) team with a bias for action and a passion for winning.
• Initiate and/or manage team in supporting and executing NAFG strategic plan.
• Manage daily/annual production manufacturing processes to ensure plant and division goals are met or exceeded.
• Manage maintenance functions to ensure plant and division goals are met or exceeded.
• Achieve financial goals established by NAFG (the food division management team).
• Initiate and/or manage continuous improvement activities through the development of action plans, problem solving, engineering and/or equipment changes, safety, quality and cost improvements, lean manufacturing, KT project management, SPC improvements, benchmarking, and open innovation with other manufacturers.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
• Ten plus years related experience and/or training.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes (food blending and packaging techniques are strongly preferred), basic standards cost accounting and quality assurance methodologies is preferred.
How to Apply
• Visit simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Professional Jobs
• Select All open positions
• Search Job ID # 1929
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Please Note: When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website.
If you experience difficulty applying, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your interest.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*