Manufacturing Manager - Millwork (2398-376)
- Company: BMC Stock
- Updated: 4/28/2014
- Location: Austin, TX
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: Middle Management
- Category: Management, Manufacturing
Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our "customer-focused, associate-driven" spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
- Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
- Integrity - We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
- People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
- Performance - We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
- Service - We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
Provides direction to the Facilities Supervisors and Associates in the safe, efficient production of Interior doors, Exterior doors and Millwork.
- Responsible for the Safety and well being of all associates within the facility.
- Assures quality control of all products assembled and distributed by the facility.
- Assigns work to department Supervisors in accordance with customer expectations and production schedules.
- Monitors efficiencies within the different departments, assuring efficient use of manpower, overtime and utilization of distribution schedules.
- Responsible for daily production reports monitoring and communicating the efficiency of operations.
- Provides best practices and implements LEAN methods used in production to increase output efficiency and meet expanding customer expectations while meeting On Time In Full expectations.
- Responsible for inventory control of materials utilized by the shop.
- Accountable for maintaining the appearance of the shop, yard and inventory storage areas maintaining customer readiness at all times.
- Works with Production department to schedule repair and maintenance of equipment while maintaining adequate supplies of equipment needs such as saw blades, router bits, etc.
- Responsible for product integrity and the coordinating of trouble shooting in the field as needed.
- Communicates with scheduling, projects, and sales for job specifications and operating efficiencies.
- Oversees and approves recruiting, hiring, vacations, terminations, wage increases, training and development of new employees.
- High School diploma or GED required with strong background in math. Undergraduate degree and LEAN certification/training is highly preferred.
- Ability to manage and multi shift, contingent and full time labor work groups of 25-50 associates. Solid demonstrated safety performance measures.
- Extensive manufacturing knowledge of door, trim, stair and moulding parts.
- Strong Knowledge of drawings and architectural blueprints.
- Ability to manage and schedule labor production in a LEAN cost effective, efficient manner
- Solid computer skills. Exceptional Excel skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal, managerial, organizational, and communications skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: