- Company: Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Updated: 5/27/2014
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 35,554 - 60,390
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping, Government
The Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state's largest agency with 8,200 employees working in 181 county offices serving more than one million people. Employees work in 10 major divisions and five support offices to provide services to Arkansas citizens. DHS is currently seeking to fill the position of Internal Auditor in Little Rock, AR.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for ensuring organizational compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures by conducting reviews and investigations. This position:
Conducts internal investigations, security reviews, and risk assessments to evaluate susceptibility of program loss through internal fraud, waste, abuse, or unauthorized use of funds and/or resources.
Reviews and analyzes efficiency of accounting and record-keeping procedures and management techniques to determine compliance with state and federal laws and organizational policies and procedures.
Conducts programmatic audits to determine effectiveness and efficiency of programs, administrative functions, operating procedures, adequacy of internal controls, and relative risk of misuse of various programs.
Prepares audit and investigation findings and reports and presents to upper level management.
Coordinates activities with external auditors, including furnishing copies of audit reports and providing requested information.
May processes requests for access to computerized data and establishes and assigns data access levels, user identifiers, and passwords.
May interface with the Arkansas Automated Statewide Information System (AASIS) for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and state law governing public funds.
Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; plus two years of experience in accounting, auditing, or a related field.
- CPA or qualified to take for CPA exam.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from a four year institution accredited by the AACSB -The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Experience in Auditing Governmental Entities and Non-Profits.
- Experience in Risk Assessment, Internal Controls and Internal Auditing Standards.
- Familiar with the use of the Arkansas Administrative Statewide Information System, Department of Human Service programs and activities.
Position number: 22143335
Closing date: May 24, 2014
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ARSTATEJOBS.COM
Like us on facebook.com/ardhsjobs and follow us on twitter.com/ARdhsjobs for more great DHS career opportunities!