- Company: MAHC
- Updated: 5/21/2014
- Location: Chenal
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
The Activity Director’s position is responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing a comprehensive activity program that meets the social, physical, and emotional needs of Fox Ridge residents. The Activity Director is responsible for “orienting” new residents to the community; planning and supervising volunteer services within the community; and coordinating resident family events.
Essential Job Duties
1. Assess resident preferences and develop a program of opportunities and activities that are meaningful to the residents. To serve and enhance their sense of well-being (identity, growth, autonomy, security, connectedness, meaning and joy).
2. Organize, implement, evaluate and direct the overall activities for their assigned Fox Ridge facility.
3. Carries out the large, small, and one-to-one events in accordance to the facility’s activity schedule. For the purpose of providing any and all of the following: a friendly visitor; sensory stimulation; reality orientation and cognitive stimulation.
4. Prepares and plans the Activity Unit's budget for food, equipment, supplies, and labor, and submit to the Administrator for review, recommendations, and approval; forecasts the needs of the unit.
5. Creation of the monthly activity calendar and communication to the residents’ upcoming scheduled activities and events.
6. Oversees the facility’s project assignments to ensure projects are within budget, with quality and on schedule within the activity department.
7. Evaluates programming quality and participation on an ongoing basis through surveys and direct interaction with residents and families.
8. Solicits advice from other units concerning the operation of the Activities Unit to identify problem areas and/or improve services.
9. Arranges transportation for events.
10. Assist residents to activities and events as needed.
To apply for this position, please visit foxridgeliving.net/careers/