Door Millwork Assembler 1 (2617-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, INC.
- Updated: 7/14/2014
- Location: Springdale, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Category: Construction/Architecture, Manufacturing
Under direct supervision, the entry level Millwork Assembler performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line to produce millwork products.
- Assembles millwork components such as doors, windows, and stairs. Processes include insertion or positioning of materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools. Common woodworking environment, chop saw, table saw, nail guns, tape measure.
- Plans and implements the assembly process by reading and understanding set-up sheets, work orders, drawings or blueprints and gathers necessary materials and tools to complete order.
- Ensures that assembled items meet specific quality specifications; may propose process improvements in order to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related production goals. This position is a fast paced assembly environment.
- Responds attentively to training from Supervisor or more senior assemblers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Restock inventory and clean the shop on a daily basis or as directed by manager/supervisor.
- Minimum education required—High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Knowledge of and ability to use a variety hand and power tools to assemble millwork products
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Manual dexterity
- Must be able to work at fast, steady pace to meet goals.
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly tasks
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to read and understand simple diagrams or blueprints
- Other: Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when operating machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time. Eye protection and steel toed (safety toed) hard sole leather boots required at all times. Overtime work could be involved. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 100 pounds.
Apply online at: