Point of Care Specialist (Medical Scribe)
- Company: MedOptim
- Updated: 7/13/2015
- Location: Central Arkansas
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Medical/Dental
Point of Care Specialists Needed Now!!!
Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) have recently been adopted into healthcare and have made it very difficult for doctors to see their patients efficiently. Physician workload has increased dramatically, thus adversely impacting the delivery of quality healthcare as doctors struggle to get their work done. MedOptim was created to help meet this need. Our Point of Care Specialists are trained to assist doctors while they examine their patients, entering vital data into the EMR in real-time while the patient is being examined, and thus helping the physician to document more thoroughly and efficiently.
Is MedOptim right for you? We are looking for these attributes:
• Smart, motivated, computer-savvy, with good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to learn new EMR software and how best to use it to help doctors.
• Ability to type and click proficiently while also being able to discern the best way to record patient data in real-time while the doctor is examining the patient.
• Availability: we have multiple full-time openings; be prepared to work days, with occasional work on nights, weekends, and holidays. Point of Care Specialists are needed anytime our doctors are working!
• Commitment: plan on working with us for a minimum of 1 year.
What About Training?
We take care of all your training. While medical and EMR experience is a huge plus, it is not required. Our Point of Care Specialists are trained by a combination of online training modules, one-on-one training with our lead trainer, and direct on-the-job training with our MedOptim client physicians.
Benefits of MedOptim:
• This is a real job with real pay and real responsibilities, not an internship.
• You will gain valuable experience for your future career, especially in healthcare.
• You will build valuable relationships with physicians and other healthcare workers.
• You will earn valuable recognition for being a Point of Care Specialist, a great addition to your resume!
• You will help doctors and help patients!
If you believe you meet these qualifications and are willing to work to learn these skills, then we would love to hear from you. Our doctors need help and we need you!
Please send your resume and cover letter to: