Comm Real Estate Property Accountant
- Company: Colliers International
- Updated: 8/8/2017
- Location: Little Rock Downtown Area
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
Job Title: Property Management Accountant FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Accounting Location: Little Rock, AR
Reports To: Director of Property Management Accounting
Job Description Summary: Perform general accounting functions and prepare and maintain accounting reports and records for assigned managed properties. Ensure that approved accounting practices are followed in order to accurately reflect the activity of those properties and provides reliable information necessary to the clients.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss and other operating statements for multiple properties as required, including consolidated financial statements.
2. Prepare bank reconciliations.
3. Adhere to strict deadlines.
4. Preparation of pro-formas as needed.
5. Knowledge of all basis of accounting (accrual, cash, modified cash).
6. Maintain general ledger for managed properties and reconcile subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
7. Ability to enter complex journal entries.
8. Review and verify the accurate entry of leases into the accounting software.
9. Maintain organized and accurate accounting files.
10. Work independently on special assignments.
11. Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
12. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions, duties, skills and job standards required. Other job functions, duties, skills and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of general accounting
2. Advanced proficiency with Excel
3. Produce accurate work while meeting specified deadlines
4. Extremely detailed and organized
5. Ability to interact and communicate (written and verbal) effectively with all owners, vendors and staff
6. Positive attitude, dependable and self-starter
7. Good listening skills
8. Professional appearance
9. On occasion, may be required to work in excess of 40 hours (especially each January & February)
10. Ability to learn new software
11. Excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
12. Positive attitude, dependable, self-starter, and works well under limited supervision
13. Takes directions well and works well with supervisor and co-workers
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelors of Accounting degree desired but not required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Specific Skills: Background in property management accounting desired but not required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses: N/A
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: N/A
Equipment Used in Work Environment:
1. PC with Microsoft Suite of products including Word & Excel
2. 10-Key calculator
3. Photocopy Machine
4. Fax Machine
5. Digital Scanner
6. Telephone and Printer
Major Job Demands (Physical & Mental):
1. Repetitive motion involving hands, wrists and/or fingers
2. Reaching, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling
3. Sitting for long periods of time
4. Interacting with a wide range of personalities
5. Working under pressure and meeting deadlines