- Company: UA Little Rock Public Radio
- Updated: 10/12/2017
- Location: KLRE/ KUAR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Professional, Sales
Please visit ualr.peopleadmin.com/postings/6699 to apply for position.
UA Little Rock Public Radio station KLRE/KUAR is seeking a Development Director. As a member of the KLRE/KUAR leadership team, the Development Director will oversee all fundraising, development, and marketing efforts of UA Little Rock Public Radio, under the supervision of the General Manager. The Development Director will supervise fundraising staff, and assist in strategic planning and assessment of fundraising in the short and long-term. KLRE Classical 90.5 and KUAR 89.1 are listener-supported services of the UA Little Rock College of Social Sciences and Communication, providing classical music and NPR news and cultural programming to roughly 85,000 listeners a week in the Little Rock area. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement on-air and off-air membership campaigns, special events, and community service projects;
- In coordination with the General Manager, Underwriting Coordinator and station leadership team, cultivate and manage relationships with individual donors and underwriters;
- Coordinate with the KLRE/KUAR General Manager and the College of Social Sciences and Communication Director of Development and External Relations to cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts;
- Design and implement other fundraising projects including, but not limited to telemarketing, solicitations by mail or electronic sources, major gift solicitation, capital campaigns, foundation grants, and planned giving;
- Work with Finance Director to develop a budget for both individual giving and underwriting;
- Supervise the KLRE/KUAR Underwriting Coordinator;
- Develop and manage donor recognition, gift acknowledgement processes, and member communications, including use of social media;
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff and volunteers for development efforts and community outreach projects;
- Serve as liaison with Friends of KLRE/KUAR and its Board of Directors, including contacting members, scheduling meetings, helping recruit new Board members, coordinating committee work, and advising the Board;
- Schedule and evaluate development support staff;
- Supervise database management, ensuring that station leadership receives timely and meaningful reports;
- Work with finance director and Administrative Specialist to develop and maintain standardized donor information;
- Plan, design, and implement special events/projects that provide additional funding, heighten awareness of the stations, and/or serve the community in a significant way;
- Work with office leadership team on strategic planning and setting station policies;
- Host live fundraising breaks on the air and voice-recorded announcements, as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience in designing and directing events or campaigns;
- Evidence of supervisory skills;
- Ability to use social media for fundraising and outreach;
- Affinity for public radio;
- Ability to work nights and weekends for events and on-air fundraising campaigns;
- Ability to use a database management system.
An earned bachelor’s degree.