CP Lab Tech I
- Company: Little Rock Wastewater
- Updated: 12/1/2017
- Location: Fourche Creek Treatment Plant
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $18.38 per hour
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: General Employment
Scope of Responsibilities Responsible for performing basic and advanced laboratory analyses on treatment/industrial wastewater and QC samples. Responsible for analyzing, evaluating, interpreting, and preparing QC reports. Responsible for accurately maintaining records of tests conducted and for cleaning laboratory equipment such as glassware, instruments, work surfaces, and floors, etc.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to read, write and work basic mathematics.
• Successfully passed 2 semesters of high school chemistry, biology, and algebra; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• 1 year of experience in performing water/wastewater analyses is preferred.
• Arkansas Class I Wastewater License or obtain one within 3 years.
• Valid Arkansas driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles, techniques, methods, and procedures used in performing basic water/wastewater laboratory analyses.
• Knowledge of basic quantitative/qualitative analyses used in laboratory testing.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics.
• Knowledge in the use of computers using basic Windows based word-processing, spreadsheet, and database application software.
• Skill in making accurate measurements and computations.
• Skill in performing basic laboratory tests.
• Skill in use and maintenance of basic laboratory equipment and instruments.
• Skill in proofreading work to ensure accuracy, completeness and adherence to established procedures.
• Skill in interpreting laboratory test data.
• Skill in recognizing hazards associated with malfunctioning equipment and unsafe conditions.
• Skill in safely driving Utility vehicles while carrying out job duties.
• Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally.
• Ability to apply approved techniques in performing sampling and analytical procedures.
• Ability to take representative wastewater samples.
• Ability to keep accurate records and make precise determinations.
• Ability to rotate work duty on weekends and holidays.