Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
- Company: North Arkansas Regional Medical Center
- Updated: 5/2/2018
- Location: Harrison, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: negotiable
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Medical/Dental, Nonprofits, Nurses, Professional, Skilled Services
NARMC in beautiful Harrison, Arkansas offers great benefits, recently awarded the Governor's Quality Award and Top 100 Rural & Community Top Hospital 2018, you will want to visit our website at narmc.com to see all that working at NARMC offers you.
General Description of the Job Class
Provides professional nursing care by utilizing the nursing process to care for patient within an assigned unit
Coordinates care planning with other disciplines
Under the supervision and administration of the Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse of assigned Unit, the Staff RN is responsible for the nursing care in an assigned nursing unit or a portion of a nursing unit.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
• Communicates with patients and families in a kind, caring manner.
• Assists with nursing care of ER patients
• Ability to triage patients-good assessment skills
• One year experience in critical care nursing or ER
• Demonstrates understanding all types of emergency care, such as, cardiac, trauma, medical, surgical, pediatric emergencies and surgical procedures done within the scope of the ER.
• Promotes harmony between ER personnel, ER and staff physicians and other hospital departments.
• Helps coordinate nursing care in ER with services rendered by other hospital departments.
• Helps in training EMT, nursing and paramedic students within approved guidelines.
• Participates in continued Quality Improvement studies.
• Follows infection control policies.
• Attends ER staff meeting and all required meetings and in-services at NARMC.