- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 2/5/2018
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $25,000 - $28,500
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Education
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Recruiter is responsible for managing student recruitment efforts in an assigned territory and other areas as assigned. The Recruiter is responsible for maintaining relationships with high school counselors, visiting high schools to recruit students, working college fairs, presenting at college-day events, assisting prospective students with admissions and financial aid processes, as well as planning and participating in on and off-campus recruiting events. This is a twelve-month position with full benefits and is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institutional policy.
Specifically, the job assignment includes but not limited to:
1. Attend recruiting events and other recruiting opportunities as deemed necessary by the Dean of Enrollment Services.
2. Visit schools, counselor workshops, college fairs, etc.
3. Maintain records, address groups, and keep logbooks. Retrieve information as needed for reports or requests to comply with established guidelines.
4. Assist in evaluation of recruitment, and provide requested reports on recruiting efforts that include recruiting goals and target, successes, and recommendations for improvement.
5. Conduct campus/housing tours and provide pertinent information to prospective students.
6. Aid in coordinating and conducting prospective student, group or school visits.
7. Conducts activities on and off-campus to market SAU Tech.
8. Create displays, advertisements, and/or promotions associated with student recruitment.
9. Compose, type and edit various documents relating to student life, housing and recruiting.
10. Provide support to the Dean in planning, scheduling, and executing academic, social, and recreational programs for the college community.
11. Provide leadership in adapting new and innovative approaches to achieving goals.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Strong verbal and written skills
Ability to work independently and is a motivated self-starter
Ability to work in a team environment
1. Associate’s Degree
2. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings. Travel required with some overnight.
3. Background check required
Experience in admissions/recruitment for higher education.
SALARY RANGE: $25,000 - $28,500
DATE OF NOTICE: February 5, 2018
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are available at: sautech.edu
INQUIRIES MAY BE MADE TO: SAU Tech Human Resources Office