Health Care Heroes
Arkansas Business presents Health Care Heroes awards program to honor individuals, companies and organizations that are making a significant impact on the quality of health care in Arkansas. Their acts of heroism represent a display of dedication to excellence in the area of expertise beyond the scope of their jobs. Through their commitment to their profession and their community, they serve as an inspiration to others in an effort to improve the quality of health care and discover new ways to assist those in need.
Nominations accepted in the following categories:
Health Care Administrator
- Honors a professional administrator who leads, manages or administers health care systems, such as hospitals, hospital networks or large health care systems.
Health Care Professional of the Year
- Other than a doctor or nurse, i.e. pharmacists, researchers, technicians and professors.
*NO ADMINISTRATORS, PLEASE.
Hospital of the Year (large and small)
- Honors a hospital that has made extraordinary strides and exhibited exceptional achievements within the health care industry and community.
- Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a medical science discovery or for development of a new procedure, device, service, program or treatment that can save lives or improve the quality of life for a large number of people.
Nurse of the Year
- Honors an individual from nursing whose job performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
Physician of the Year
- Honors a physician whose job performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
Women's Health & Wellness Hero
- An individual or organization that makes women's health and wellness a top priority and whose services benefit women of all ages in our local communities. Examples include: OB/GYN's, imaging technicians, midwives, doulas, women's health facilities, etc.
Workplace Wellness Hero
- Honors a business for a company-wide wellness program, healthy work environment, ergonomics program, or other health-related activities benefiting employees.
Long-Term Care Facility
- Honors a long-term care facility for excellence in medical and personal attention for the state's aging population.
Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
- Honors an individual with a long-standing impact in the healthcare industry.
Deadline for nominations is December 17, 2018.
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Announces Plan to Reorganize State Government
- Fortune Profiles Walmart's McKenna Among 'Powerful Women in Business'
- Neurosurgeon Bailed on Fayettevile Job, Now Must Pay 2 days ago
- Jeremy Hutchinson Faces Foreclosure 2 days ago
- iProv Names New Head of Operations 3 weeks ago
- Simmons to Buy St. Louis Area Bank for $172 Million 7 hours ago
- Six Arkansas Electric Co-Ops Stringing Broadband 2 days ago