Interim Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
Carla Martin, born and raised in Pine Bluff, knew that her hometown was where she was meant to be when she returned in 2009. Since then, she has achieved records for the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff business program.
Martin became dean of the UAPB School of Business in 2009, a job she held until this year. In May, she was chosen as interim vice chancellor for finance and administration at UAPB.
During her time as dean, Martin secured first-time accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs as well as a grant for UAPB’s business program.
“I wanted to see a change and to be the change we wanted to see,” she said.
Martin has planted roots in her hometown after working for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Bentonville as one of four real estate transactions managers and later senior manager of supplier diversity. She practiced law at Brown & McKissic (now McKissic & Associates) in Pine Bluff.
Martin graduated from UAPB in 2001 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, concentrating in marketing. She then attended the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville School of Law and received a Juris Doctor in 2004.
Martin was appointed to the UAPB Board of Visitors by Gov. Mike Huckabee and reappointed by Gov. Mike Beebe.
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Riggs Estate Gives $1.8M to Arkansas Symphony Orchestra 1 day ago
- Insurance Agent Josh Casada Accused of Taking $205,000 in Premiums 3 days ago
- Ex-Arkansas Judge Joseph Boeckmann Faces Prison in Sexual Favors Case 7 hours ago
- Southwest Bank in Texas Now Operating Under Simmons Banner 1 day ago
- Tone at The Top (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago