President and CEO
First Community Bank
Mark FergusonMark Ferguson took a shine to banking when he began working as a runner with Conway’s First State Bank.
His work there progressed to teller and bookkeeper positions as he moved toward completing his bachelor’s degree in finance at the University of Central Arkansas.
After graduating in 1986, Ferguson joined Worthen National Bank of Arkansas in Little Rock, where he worked in special assets. He moved back to Conway in 1988 to work in real estate and commercial lending at Worthen’s operation there.
The Atkins native completed his night-school work and graduated with a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 1992. In 1996, Ferguson was chosen to be president and CEO of First Community Bank in Conway.
“Any success attributed to me is the result of a wonderful and gracious Lord,” the 37-year-old executive said.
He is a director with the Conway Chamber of Commerce and Conway Corp. and has participated in the Conway Civic Orchestra, Conway Regional Medical Center Citizens Advisory Council, Salvation Army and Rotary Club.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Ace Glass Building in East Village Sells for $1.5M 1 day ago
- Westrock, Circumference Join Money Managers List 3 days ago
- Business Leaders Quit Trump Panel; He Hits Back Hard 1 day ago
- Georgia Mjartan to Leave Our House 8 hours ago
- Adviser's Cash Withdrawals Lead Feds to Sportsbook in Rogers 3 days ago