President and CEO
First Community Bank
Mark FergusonMark Ferguson took a shine to banking when he began working as a runner with Conway’s First State Bank.
His work there progressed to teller and bookkeeper positions as he moved toward completing his bachelor’s degree in finance at the University of Central Arkansas.
After graduating in 1986, Ferguson joined Worthen National Bank of Arkansas in Little Rock, where he worked in special assets. He moved back to Conway in 1988 to work in real estate and commercial lending at Worthen’s operation there.
The Atkins native completed his night-school work and graduated with a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 1992. In 1996, Ferguson was chosen to be president and CEO of First Community Bank in Conway.
“Any success attributed to me is the result of a wonderful and gracious Lord,” the 37-year-old executive said.
He is a director with the Conway Chamber of Commerce and Conway Corp. and has participated in the Conway Civic Orchestra, Conway Regional Medical Center Citizens Advisory Council, Salvation Army and Rotary Club.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Brandon Barber Should Serve About 20 Years, Feds Say 2 hours ago
- Maverick Transportation Opens $4M Driving Training Center 21 hours ago
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV 17 hours ago
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 1 day ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 2 days ago