President and CEO
First Community Bank
Mark FergusonMark Ferguson took a shine to banking when he began working as a runner with Conway’s First State Bank.
His work there progressed to teller and bookkeeper positions as he moved toward completing his bachelor’s degree in finance at the University of Central Arkansas.
After graduating in 1986, Ferguson joined Worthen National Bank of Arkansas in Little Rock, where he worked in special assets. He moved back to Conway in 1988 to work in real estate and commercial lending at Worthen’s operation there.
The Atkins native completed his night-school work and graduated with a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 1992. In 1996, Ferguson was chosen to be president and CEO of First Community Bank in Conway.
“Any success attributed to me is the result of a wonderful and gracious Lord,” the 37-year-old executive said.
He is a director with the Conway Chamber of Commerce and Conway Corp. and has participated in the Conway Civic Orchestra, Conway Regional Medical Center Citizens Advisory Council, Salvation Army and Rotary Club.
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Governor Wants to Move War Memorial Under Parks And Tourism 12 hours ago
- Ross Family Gives $1M to Baptist Preparatory School 13 hours ago
- Employers Seek Hires With Soft Abilities Like Attitude, Teamwork 2 days ago
- SPONSORED: Uncle T's: A Neighborhood Mainstay For 50 Years And Counting 2 days ago
- Arkansas Drivers Merge Well with Others in a Roundabout Way 2 days ago