Dr. Graham F. Greene
Assistant Professor of Urology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Dr. Graham F. GreeneDr. Graham F. Greene, an assistant professor of urology and head of the genitourinary oncology department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, has been a key figure in fighting prostate cancer in Arkansas.
Greene’s vision for improving prostate cancer research led to the signing of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Act of 1999, which is still waiting for funding.
Greene, 37, is also a founder of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation. One of the foundation’s goals, he said, is to educate people about the second leading cancer-related cause of death for men in Arkansas.
Greene, who is the chairman of the foundation, also is editing a Web site that will inform people about prostate cancer. The web site should be ready this fall.
“Why do I do it? Because I feel like I’m making an impact,” the Canadian immigrant said. “It’s the true selflessness of helping other people that comes back in multiple rewards.”
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 2 hours ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 21 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 18 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago