Dr. Graham F. Greene
Assistant Professor of Urology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Dr. Graham F. GreeneDr. Graham F. Greene, an assistant professor of urology and head of the genitourinary oncology department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, has been a key figure in fighting prostate cancer in Arkansas.
Greene’s vision for improving prostate cancer research led to the signing of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Act of 1999, which is still waiting for funding.
Greene, 37, is also a founder of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation. One of the foundation’s goals, he said, is to educate people about the second leading cancer-related cause of death for men in Arkansas.
Greene, who is the chairman of the foundation, also is editing a Web site that will inform people about prostate cancer. The web site should be ready this fall.
“Why do I do it? Because I feel like I’m making an impact,” the Canadian immigrant said. “It’s the true selflessness of helping other people that comes back in multiple rewards.”
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 19 hours ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 19 hours ago
- Argenta Community Development Corp. Weighs Its Future 19 hours ago
- Landers Auto Dealership Drives $22.1M Toyota Sale (Real Deals) 19 hours ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 19 hours ago