Dr. Graham F. Greene
Assistant Professor of Urology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Dr. Graham F. GreeneDr. Graham F. Greene, an assistant professor of urology and head of the genitourinary oncology department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, has been a key figure in fighting prostate cancer in Arkansas.
Greene’s vision for improving prostate cancer research led to the signing of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Act of 1999, which is still waiting for funding.
Greene, 37, is also a founder of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation. One of the foundation’s goals, he said, is to educate people about the second leading cancer-related cause of death for men in Arkansas.
Greene, who is the chairman of the foundation, also is editing a Web site that will inform people about prostate cancer. The web site should be ready this fall.
“Why do I do it? Because I feel like I’m making an impact,” the Canadian immigrant said. “It’s the true selflessness of helping other people that comes back in multiple rewards.”
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Update: No Action on Lawyer Sanctions; Holmes Rethinking Finding of 'Bad Faith' 17 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 5 days ago
- Class-Action Attorneys Subject of New Class-Action Suit 4 days ago
- Casino Campaign Announces Deal With Cherokee Nation 2 days ago
- With Unemployment Low, Arkansas Economists Weigh Effects 17 hours ago