Dr. Graham F. Greene
Assistant Professor of Urology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Dr. Graham F. GreeneDr. Graham F. Greene, an assistant professor of urology and head of the genitourinary oncology department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, has been a key figure in fighting prostate cancer in Arkansas.
Greene’s vision for improving prostate cancer research led to the signing of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Act of 1999, which is still waiting for funding.
Greene, 37, is also a founder of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation. One of the foundation’s goals, he said, is to educate people about the second leading cancer-related cause of death for men in Arkansas.
Greene, who is the chairman of the foundation, also is editing a Web site that will inform people about prostate cancer. The web site should be ready this fall.
“Why do I do it? Because I feel like I’m making an impact,” the Canadian immigrant said. “It’s the true selflessness of helping other people that comes back in multiple rewards.”
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- In Arkansas, Rural Hospitals Fight to Recruit Doctors 2 days ago
- UALR Offers Sneak Peek at Virtual Reality 2 days ago
- Hilton Garden Inn To Keep Reservation in Little Rock 2 days ago
- ADWS Awards $4M to Community Colleges 21 hours ago
- FAA Proposes $2M Fine Against Chicago Drone Operator 20 hours ago