Dr. Graham F. Greene
Assistant Professor of Urology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Dr. Graham F. GreeneDr. Graham F. Greene, an assistant professor of urology and head of the genitourinary oncology department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, has been a key figure in fighting prostate cancer in Arkansas.
Greene’s vision for improving prostate cancer research led to the signing of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Act of 1999, which is still waiting for funding.
Greene, 37, is also a founder of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation. One of the foundation’s goals, he said, is to educate people about the second leading cancer-related cause of death for men in Arkansas.
Greene, who is the chairman of the foundation, also is editing a Web site that will inform people about prostate cancer. The web site should be ready this fall.
“Why do I do it? Because I feel like I’m making an impact,” the Canadian immigrant said. “It’s the true selflessness of helping other people that comes back in multiple rewards.”
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 7 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 4 hours ago
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 4 hours ago
- University of Arkansas Alumna Gives $600k to Alma Mater 1 day ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 7 hours ago