Dr. Denise Greenwood
Arkansas Breast Center
Dr. Denise GreenwoodDr. Denise Greenwood said she knew she wanted to be a doctor since she was in the fourth grade.
“I had an extremely supportive family who believed that anything was attainable,” she said.
Greenwood, 39, graduated from the University of Texas medical branch at Galveston, near her hometown of Corpus Christi. She established the Arkansas Breast Center in Little Rock as well Link Breast Center, a nonprofit organization.
Her nonprofit organization provides free or low-cost care to women who earn too much money to receive Medicaid but not enough to pay for private health insurance.
Within the year, Greenwood hopes to open an ambulatory surgery center and medical complex for women’s health in west Little Rock.
She is also a medical adviser to the La Leche League.
Greenwood’s philosophy is to treat patients as if they were family.
“If I want it for my own family tomorrow, then I need to provide it for everyone’s family tomorrow,” Greenwood said. “I run my practice providing the exact same care that I would demand for my own family members.”
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 5 days ago
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill 17 hours ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 2 days ago
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 24 hours ago
- I.O. Metro Names John Erdos New CEO 2 days ago