Dr. Denise Greenwood
Arkansas Breast Center
Dr. Denise GreenwoodDr. Denise Greenwood said she knew she wanted to be a doctor since she was in the fourth grade.
“I had an extremely supportive family who believed that anything was attainable,” she said.
Greenwood, 39, graduated from the University of Texas medical branch at Galveston, near her hometown of Corpus Christi. She established the Arkansas Breast Center in Little Rock as well Link Breast Center, a nonprofit organization.
Her nonprofit organization provides free or low-cost care to women who earn too much money to receive Medicaid but not enough to pay for private health insurance.
Within the year, Greenwood hopes to open an ambulatory surgery center and medical complex for women’s health in west Little Rock.
She is also a medical adviser to the La Leche League.
Greenwood’s philosophy is to treat patients as if they were family.
“If I want it for my own family tomorrow, then I need to provide it for everyone’s family tomorrow,” Greenwood said. “I run my practice providing the exact same care that I would demand for my own family members.”
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Acxiom CEO Scott Howe Gets $1.2M Raise in Fiscal 2015 2 days ago
- Bentonville's Thrive Apartments Full After One Month 5 days ago
- William H. 'Buddy' Sutton Dies at 84 1 day ago
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 5 days ago
- Hutchinson Announces State Board Appointments 1 day ago