Dave Grundfest III
Dave Grundfest Co.
Dave Grundfest IIIThe Grundfest family’s heritage is retailing. But it was the cabinet shop, which built store fixtures for Sterling Stores and Magic Marts, that captured Dave Grundfest III’s imagination.
As a teen-ager, he took summer jobs working as a laborer on commercial construction jobs in Little Rock.
Grundfest graduated from the University of Colorado with a bachelor’s degree in economics. He stayed in Boulder working in carpentry and importing whitewater equipment until 1987.
The Little Rock native returned home and went to work for Thomas Harding Construction Inc. in project management and estimating.
In 1992, he was emboldened to step out and start his own construction firm. The company has come a long way from its first job building the Backyard Burger location in downtown Little Rock.
Jobs range from small tenant finishout work to projects topping $10 million. The company’s bread and butter is negotiated contracts with national clientele such as The Gap, Old Navy, Pizza Hut, Sprint and Comcast.
The home office employs a staff of eight, with an additional crew of 30-50 working in the field on jobs in Arkansas or the six surrounding states.
“Having a name that was respected and everyone recognized opened a lot of doors for me,” the 37-year-old businessman said. “I was very fortunate to have that.”
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Wal-Mart Takes Texas to Court to Crack Liquor-Sales Market 12 hours ago
- Latest Numbers Factor in Arkansas Medicaid Debate (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 12 hours ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $25.6M Pay Package 2 years ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 3 years ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 4 years ago