Dave Grundfest III
Dave Grundfest Co.
Dave Grundfest IIIThe Grundfest family’s heritage is retailing. But it was the cabinet shop, which built store fixtures for Sterling Stores and Magic Marts, that captured Dave Grundfest III’s imagination.
As a teen-ager, he took summer jobs working as a laborer on commercial construction jobs in Little Rock.
Grundfest graduated from the University of Colorado with a bachelor’s degree in economics. He stayed in Boulder working in carpentry and importing whitewater equipment until 1987.
The Little Rock native returned home and went to work for Thomas Harding Construction Inc. in project management and estimating.
In 1992, he was emboldened to step out and start his own construction firm. The company has come a long way from its first job building the Backyard Burger location in downtown Little Rock.
Jobs range from small tenant finishout work to projects topping $10 million. The company’s bread and butter is negotiated contracts with national clientele such as The Gap, Old Navy, Pizza Hut, Sprint and Comcast.
The home office employs a staff of eight, with an additional crew of 30-50 working in the field on jobs in Arkansas or the six surrounding states.
“Having a name that was respected and everyone recognized opened a lot of doors for me,” the 37-year-old businessman said. “I was very fortunate to have that.”
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Hutchinson, AEDC Launch 'Arkansas Inc.' to Recruit, Retain Companies 2 days ago
- East Little Rock's 'Innovation Alley' Drawing Grit, Funk Lovers 6 days ago
- Acxiom Reports 3Q Loss, But Revenue, Earnings Guidance Rises 2 days ago
- Murphy USA to Sell CAM Pipeline for $85M; 4Q Income Down 32 Percent 2 days ago
- Wayne Farms Plant in Laurel, Mississippi, to Lay Off 500 2 days ago