Senior Vice President of Operations
Jim HaworthJim Haworth, 38, grew up in Centertown, Mo. (population about 300), near Jefferson City. He received a bachelor of science in business administration from Central Missouri State University, majoring in business management.
About 10 days after he graduated in 1984, Haworth joined Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as an assistant store manager trainee at store No. 13 in Carthage, Mo.
Haworth rose through the ranks at Wal-Mart, serving as an assistant store manager, manager of stores in Fayetteville and Tulsa, district manager in Ohio, regional vice president and in the merchandising department for Wal-Mart Stores (where he spent a year purchasing women’s apparel and toys for Wal-Mart).
At the age of 32, Haworth was promoted to senior vice president of operations for Sam’s Club, the wholesale club division of the world’s largest retailer. As a separate entity, Sam’s Club on its own would be classified as the fifth largest retailer in the United States with $24 billion in revenue last year (expecting $26 billion this year), 466 locations and 85,000 employees.
Prior to his promotion to senior vice president, he served as regional vice president of Sam’s Club Operations.
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Reports: APEX Tool to Close Springdale Plant That Employs 250
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- Bruce Oakley To Give Turner Grain Money To Judge 1 day ago
- Maumelle Firm Southland Metals Wins $3.8M Judgment 2 days ago
- Sources: Turner Grain Appears Headed to Bankruptcy, Losses in Millions 3 days ago
- Southern Bancorp to Buy Mississippi's Smallest Bank 13 hours ago
- Texarkana Hotel Group to Pay $915K 16 hours ago