C.R. Crawford Construction
While growing up in El Dorado, Cody Crawford became interested in the construction business as a teenager doing summer work for Systems Contracting Inc.
That drew him to the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in construction management in 2001.
Stints with Systems Contracting and the Little Rock general contracting firm of Dave Grundfest Co. of Little Rock preceded his move to northwest Arkansas in 2004.
Crawford opened the Rogers office for Little Rock’s Bell-Corley Construc-tion Co. that year and in 2006 made the leap with Jason Keathley to form
C.R. Crawford Construction. Their venture generated a $6.7 million book of business that first year.
“We never dreamed it would blossom as quickly as it did,” Crawford said.
The firm ranked No. 5 among Arkansas commercial contractors with revenue of $65 million in 2014. Last year, revenue hit $125 million.
Retail construction for clients such as Wal-Mart, Academy Sports and Harps Food Stores accounts for about a third of the company’s jobs, with the balance scattered across office, medical, education, financial and restaurants.
C.R. Crawford Construction was honored earlier this year as the Arkansas Business of the Year for companies with 26-75 employees.
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Court Filing Shows No Love for Lucy's Diner 4 days ago
- Greg Hatcher Says Brakes Failed on Cessna After Landing 2 days ago
- Serving Papers to John Rogers No Easy Task 4 days ago
- Arkansas Waterfowler Hall of Fame Honors Second Class 4 days ago
- As Data Breach Costs Rise, Cyber Insurance Looks Good 4 days ago