Cromwell Architects Engineers
Chris East knew he liked art and construction, and at the University of Arkansas he figured out his ideal career: architecture.
East, an El Dorado native, graduated from the Fay Jones School of Architecture in 2003.
“I was always interested in the creative arts and construction, but I did not put the two of them together until I got into college because there weren’t many architects in El Dorado,” East said. “Once I figured out that the profession existed, I knew it was a good fit.”
East’s first job was at Cromwell Architects Engineers in Little Rock; he left from 2008-12 and worked for AMR Architects, then returned to Cromwell.
His portfolio of work includes the Donaghey College of Engineering & Information Technology at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and renovation that’s happening now at 615 Main St. in downtown Little Rock. He is also a founding board member of StudioMAIN, which promotes collaboration between design professionals and the public.
“I would like to see Little Rock and the state have a greater comprehensive master plan and really begin to plan out the future of our city in a way that incorporates good design,” he said. “When I say good design, I mean design that is going to last over 100 years, … incorporating better public transit and land usage.”
East also is a member of the Architecture & Design Network and the Downtown Little Rock Partnership.
- See the Trailer for 'Antiquities,' A Film Shot in Arkansas
- Video: Watch the Walmart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- The Hub Featured in PBS' 'NewsHour'
- Arkansas Court Clears Way For Medical Pot Program's Launch 20 hours ago
- Johnny Allison, Rotary Leader of the Year, Never Dreamed of Being One 3 days ago
- Louisiana Regulators OK $4.5B Wind Catcher Project 2 days ago
- U.S. Supreme Court: States Can Force Online Shoppers To Pay Sales Tax 21 hours ago
- Benton Restaurants Sell for Combined $3.2 Million 4 days ago