K. Max Koonce II
Arkansas Court of Appeals
K. Max Koonce IIK. Max Koonce II has climbed steadily since college, but the Republican candidate for Position 5 of the state Supreme Court has always followed his parents’ advice.
“Whatever you do, make a difference,” he said.
Now serving on the state Court of Appeals, Koonce,36, received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Harding University in Searcy in 1987. In 1990, he received his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Koonce was in private practice in Little Rock and Bentonville until 1991, when he went to work for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as corporate council for workers’ compensation. He worked there until 1996, when he took a job with National CompCare Inc., a subsidiary of Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale.
In 1997, Koonce left Tyson to serve as an administrative law judge for the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission. He remained at the post until his appointment to the Court of Appeals in April.
Koonce said he’s learning much in his first political campaign.
“I have a new-found respect for all political candidates,” he said. “It’s a lot of work, but it’s going to be well worth it.”
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- The Rep, Citing Low Ticket Sales, Charitable Giving, Will Suspend Operations 2 hours ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2017 2 days ago
- First National Bank of Paragould to Buy One Bank & Trust 1 day ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 6 hours ago
- Nabholz Names Joint COOs, Remakes Company Structure 7 hours ago