K. Max Koonce II
Arkansas Court of Appeals
K. Max Koonce IIK. Max Koonce II has climbed steadily since college, but the Republican candidate for Position 5 of the state Supreme Court has always followed his parents’ advice.
“Whatever you do, make a difference,” he said.
Now serving on the state Court of Appeals, Koonce,36, received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Harding University in Searcy in 1987. In 1990, he received his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Koonce was in private practice in Little Rock and Bentonville until 1991, when he went to work for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as corporate council for workers’ compensation. He worked there until 1996, when he took a job with National CompCare Inc., a subsidiary of Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale.
In 1997, Koonce left Tyson to serve as an administrative law judge for the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission. He remained at the post until his appointment to the Court of Appeals in April.
Koonce said he’s learning much in his first political campaign.
“I have a new-found respect for all political candidates,” he said. “It’s a lot of work, but it’s going to be well worth it.”
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Lawmakers Decline to Approve Lottery Ad Contract 6 hours ago
- Hickingbotham Investments Buys Landers Harley-Davidson 9 hours ago
- Magna IV Founder Gary Middleton Dies 1 day ago
- Icon Communications Executive Houser Pleads Guilty to Mail Fraud 1 day ago
- Travel Nurse Across America Acquires Trinity Healthcare 9 hours ago