K. Max Koonce II
Arkansas Court of Appeals
K. Max Koonce IIK. Max Koonce II has climbed steadily since college, but the Republican candidate for Position 5 of the state Supreme Court has always followed his parents’ advice.
“Whatever you do, make a difference,” he said.
Now serving on the state Court of Appeals, Koonce,36, received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Harding University in Searcy in 1987. In 1990, he received his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Koonce was in private practice in Little Rock and Bentonville until 1991, when he went to work for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as corporate council for workers’ compensation. He worked there until 1996, when he took a job with National CompCare Inc., a subsidiary of Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale.
In 1997, Koonce left Tyson to serve as an administrative law judge for the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission. He remained at the post until his appointment to the Court of Appeals in April.
Koonce said he’s learning much in his first political campaign.
“I have a new-found respect for all political candidates,” he said. “It’s a lot of work, but it’s going to be well worth it.”
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 4 days ago
- Rick Crawford Among 5 to Oppose VA Overhaul Measure 15 hours ago
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 4 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 4 days ago
- NERA Study: EPA Regs Would Cost Arkansas Jobs, Millions in Compliance 12 hours ago