Michael J. Lipton
Executive Vice President, Co-Owner
ABI Insurance Agency
Michael J. LiptonProperty and casualty insurance was an accidental career path for Michael J. Lipton.
The son of former Arkansas House Speaker and Highway Commission Vice Chairman John Lipton, the 37-year-old insurance executive grew up in Warren with politics as the family staple.
With a business administration degree from the University of Central Arkansas, he is one of several “Forty Under Forty” members who did an internship with former U.S. Sen. David Pryor.
Lipton interviewed with poultry and utility companies before landing an insurance job at Ramsey, Krug, Farrell & Lensing in Little Rock.
Lipton and Jay Olson took over a bank-owned insurance agency following First Commercial Corp.’s purchase of Arkansas Bank & Trust. They bought the business and created ABI Insurance after the state Supreme Court ruled bank-owned insurance agencies were illegal.
Lipton serves on the executive committee of the Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce and will serve as its president in three years. He coordinates the chamber’s Transportation Committee and coaches Little League baseball.
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Cache Chef Payne Harding Apologizes After Protestors Hit With Water
- A Proud Moment for Our State: The Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame 1 day ago
- Receiver Seeks Another Contempt of Court Ruling Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- Update: Judge Sentences Martha Shoffner to 30 Months in Prison 1 day ago
- At the Martha Shoffner Sentencing, Questions Over 'Benefit,' Jurisdiction 1 day ago
- Leslie Rutledge: Arkansas Law Allows 'Open Carry' of Guns 1 day ago