Michael J. Lipton
Executive Vice President, Co-Owner
ABI Insurance Agency
Michael J. LiptonProperty and casualty insurance was an accidental career path for Michael J. Lipton.
The son of former Arkansas House Speaker and Highway Commission Vice Chairman John Lipton, the 37-year-old insurance executive grew up in Warren with politics as the family staple.
With a business administration degree from the University of Central Arkansas, he is one of several “Forty Under Forty” members who did an internship with former U.S. Sen. David Pryor.
Lipton interviewed with poultry and utility companies before landing an insurance job at Ramsey, Krug, Farrell & Lensing in Little Rock.
Lipton and Jay Olson took over a bank-owned insurance agency following First Commercial Corp.’s purchase of Arkansas Bank & Trust. They bought the business and created ABI Insurance after the state Supreme Court ruled bank-owned insurance agencies were illegal.
Lipton serves on the executive committee of the Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce and will serve as its president in three years. He coordinates the chamber’s Transportation Committee and coaches Little League baseball.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Little Rock Doctor Robert Barrow Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison 1 day ago
- Online Banking Rises in Use, but Arkansas Branches Remain Important 3 days ago
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 3 days ago
- Maria Markham Recommended as New Director of Department of Higher Education 16 hours ago
- Gaillardia Club Woes Spawned Phil Herrington Bankruptcy 3 days ago