Michael J. Lipton
Executive Vice President, Co-Owner
ABI Insurance Agency
Michael J. LiptonProperty and casualty insurance was an accidental career path for Michael J. Lipton.
The son of former Arkansas House Speaker and Highway Commission Vice Chairman John Lipton, the 37-year-old insurance executive grew up in Warren with politics as the family staple.
With a business administration degree from the University of Central Arkansas, he is one of several “Forty Under Forty” members who did an internship with former U.S. Sen. David Pryor.
Lipton interviewed with poultry and utility companies before landing an insurance job at Ramsey, Krug, Farrell & Lensing in Little Rock.
Lipton and Jay Olson took over a bank-owned insurance agency following First Commercial Corp.’s purchase of Arkansas Bank & Trust. They bought the business and created ABI Insurance after the state Supreme Court ruled bank-owned insurance agencies were illegal.
Lipton serves on the executive committee of the Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce and will serve as its president in three years. He coordinates the chamber’s Transportation Committee and coaches Little League baseball.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Honors 'Best Places to Work' 6 hours ago
- Harrison Bank Files Lawsuit Against Dennis Smiley 9 hours ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Square Off in Televised Debate 9 hours ago
- UCA Moves Forward with Feasibility Study on Mixed-Use Development 6 hours ago
- Arkansas Tech to Offer MSBA Degree Online 1 day ago