Michael J. Lipton
Executive Vice President, Co-Owner
ABI Insurance Agency
Michael J. LiptonProperty and casualty insurance was an accidental career path for Michael J. Lipton.
The son of former Arkansas House Speaker and Highway Commission Vice Chairman John Lipton, the 37-year-old insurance executive grew up in Warren with politics as the family staple.
With a business administration degree from the University of Central Arkansas, he is one of several “Forty Under Forty” members who did an internship with former U.S. Sen. David Pryor.
Lipton interviewed with poultry and utility companies before landing an insurance job at Ramsey, Krug, Farrell & Lensing in Little Rock.
Lipton and Jay Olson took over a bank-owned insurance agency following First Commercial Corp.’s purchase of Arkansas Bank & Trust. They bought the business and created ABI Insurance after the state Supreme Court ruled bank-owned insurance agencies were illegal.
Lipton serves on the executive committee of the Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce and will serve as its president in three years. He coordinates the chamber’s Transportation Committee and coaches Little League baseball.
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Mack, Donna McLarty Launch Global Fellows Program 18 hours ago